End Sleepless Nights in 3 Days or Less
Sleepless nights really make a mess of your days, don’t they? When you sleep even one hour less than normal, it feels like you've been run over by a truck. And it's even worse when sleeplessness becomes the norm.
If you’re suffering from sleepless nights, it’s important to get it under control! Lack of sleep results in poor physical and mental performance. And it even messes with your mood.
Try this process for just 3 days and start feeling the joy of a great night’s sleep:
1. Avoid late-night eating. Even though your late-night snack may seem harmless, it's possibly the cause of your sleeplessness! You'd be surprised at the effect certain foods have on sleep patterns.
· Heavy, greasy foods like fries are very difficult to digest. Having those before bed can literally cause you to have nightmares!
· Fish and other types of seafood can also cause sleeplessness. Again, your digestive system might have a hard time breaking them down. This is especially true when your body is lying flat.
· Acid reflux disorder can develop if you’re unable to fully digest your food before bed. Many of the food acids remain in your stomach instead of being processed though the body.
2. Assess your bed and pillow. Maybe your sleeping conditions are less than favorable. Perhaps it's time to check out your pillow and mattress and consider replacing them.
· Do you have aches and pains when you wake up each morning? It probably means that your mattress is worn and needs replacing. An uncomfortable mattress can result in much tossing and turning. Good luck trying to sleep under those circumstances!
· What about a creaky spring bed frame? Your actual mattress may feel comfortable, but the squeaking of the springs may prevent you from sleeping soundly at night.
· It's also possible that your pillow might need to be changed. Have the fibers worn down? Does the pillow carry a smell? These factors can subconsciously play a part in your sleep or lack of it.
3. Practice deep meditation. After a hard day's work, it's sometimes difficult to relieve stress. If you're not careful, you could end up carrying those stresses to bed with you. Stress is a surefire way to lose sleep at night.
· Try tai-chi, yoga, or some other form of meditation. These activities take your mind off everything around you. They help you focus on your inner peace of mind.
· Make it a regular part of your day. Allow your body and mind to depend on it for rest. This is a great way to ensure the stresses of life won't keep you awake at night.
4. Increase exercise frequency. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress. Exercise releases endorphins, the hormones responsible for the feeling of well-being.
· Try exercising after work each evening. Many people report sleeping more soundly after working out.
· Avoid exercises that are too strenuous if you're working out in the evening. You don’t want to put your body under too much strain before bed. Believe it or not, you'll get the same results as you do from work stressors!
Work on this checklist and make the recommended changes. Keep a journal as you implement the changes. You'll be pleasantly surprised by how much better you’ll feel. Start today and you'll soon see sleepless nights as things of the past!